30/1/12


[...]

1) Be healthier. This means eat less and exercise more. [...] But honestly, it's way too easy to sit and eat all day when you are sitting in front of a computer. [...]

2) Do more work. Seriously. In grad school it's so easy to get lost in failed experiments or problematic code. I've been unfocused lately and not getting a lot done. And the reality is, I am actually expected to graduate one day, so today is best day to start working towards that goal! Truth is, actually accomplishing something is a tremendous feeling. I suggest you try it!

3) Focus on myself. This may seem selfish or even obvious, but I think we as grad students need to find a way to keep in touch with ourselves. [...] And otherwise, I've been ignoring my cell phone when walking to/from work. It's only a few minutes but it's nice to get lost in my thoughts like I did when I was a kid... [...]

So here's to a great 2012!

Cecilia ("New Year", Cecilia's blog @ PhD Comics)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario